Plasma surface treatment of composite materials, which are used widely in advanced engineering applications, are proving advantageous in both cleaning and adhesive bonding of dissimilar materials.
Available treatments can be applied in both batch-plasma and atmospheric in-line plasma cases and often remove the need for tedious mechanical abrasion and other preparations. We have formed close relationships with major Tier 1 and Tier 2 organisations within the automotive and aerospace industries where our quick turnaround, flexible process development has proved invaluable.
Plasma Treatment Composites:
- Treatment of similar & dissimilar materials
- Replaces tedious surface abrasion steps
- Increased surface wettability
- Better bonding with many adhesives
- Plasma Surface Treatment of composite materials
- Plasma Surface Cleaning
A selection of recently published articles where the Henniker HPT systems are used for composites research can be accessed from the following links:-
- Interfacial performance and impact resistance of argon plasma treated UHMWPE/STF inter-ply hybrid composites