Plasma Treatment of Medical Plastics
Plasma surface treatment of medical plastics is used to increase the wettability of high performance polymers which can be particularly difficult to print on and bond to due to their inherent low surface energy.
In addition plasma treatments can deliver specific functionalisation of surfaces for e.g. protective coatings, barrier layers and to improve biomolecular absorption. Henniker offer a wide range of plasma surface treatments to the medical and life science industries to address these growing demands.
- Plasma surface activation to increase adhesion for balloon catheters prior to gluing
- Plasma surface activation of syringes/hubs prior to gluing
- Plasma treatment of intra-ocular lenses prior to bio-compatible coatings or to make them hydrophilic
- Plasma coatings for functionalisation of immuno assays and cell culture media
- Ultra-fine cleaning of medical implants